Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Personal Statement

Malcolm Forbes once said, “Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” Choosing a college isn’t like choosing a pair of tennis shoes, a lot of thought must go into it. If I choose to go to a school that doesn’t interest me or will not benefit me in the end, my mind will remain empty.


There are many colleges and Universities to choose from and I have a basic idea of where I want to go. I would like to maybe attend the University of Nebraska -Kearney for the accounting program that they offer. Then again I still want to do more research on other schools that may offer the same or better programs. When I look at colleges there are a few things that I look for. Those things are level of degrees, the campus, and class size.
I look for level of degrees because I need to go to a school that will fulfill my dream of becoming an accountant. I don’t want to just stop at my bachelor’s, higher degree means more money. The size of a school’s campus would influence my selection as well. A larger campus would be harder to get around and it would be more difficult to become familiar or comfortable with my surroundings. This brings me to why class size is important to me because I don’t want to just be “another face” to my professors. Having some kind of one-on-one time with my professor would be essential to my learning experience.


Overall choosing a college is like picking a nail out of a haystack, I may get poked a few times but in the end I know I’ll make the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment