Wednesday, June 16, 2010

High School VS. College

In high school, students are not really treated like adults. We still have to raise our hands to get out of our seats or ask permission to use the restroom. College is more complex than high school. We are more responsible for being to class everyday on time and knowing the dates when assignments are due, which is provided on the syllabus. The classrooms have a variety of age groups and we do not have assigned seats. UNO's campus is three-times bigger than Central's and there are a lot more students attending the college. These are just a few examples of differences, but there are also similarities.


Everyone knows, anytime you are on school grounds there will be rules and regulations. For example, any kind of abuse is not allowed at a high school nor a college. In college we have mid-terms and final exams just like in high school. It is normal to stay after class and ask your professor for further instructions on a lecture or an assignment, like you would in high school. Identification cards are given to each student to verify they are enrolled in the schools. Overall, college is high school just with more responsibilities and a little more freedom.
It has only been a little over a week for me in college, but I am already learning new things and changing myself. I try harder to focus on my homework more and I do not let people distract me as much. With my high school homework, I would not stay up late trying to finish but now I do. Having all the resources that UNO has to offer has also helped me learn new things and keep up with my assignments. I believe the college experience I will have by then end of the summer will prepare for college in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment